did me & @nicjwoo really just consider driving all the way to Pittsburgh, PA to be extras for Abduction with Taylor Lautner? — the answer is yes.
ps- how far IS Pittsburgh from here?
In the midst of tearing my closet apart to look for lace leggings which I bought during my freshman year at Marymount (WHAT UP MMCconnect!), I came across the most interesting piece of literature…EVER! Blue Reflections volume 26 & 27. For those who are unfamiliar, these hold the memories of the most AWKWARD stages of my life… middle school.
For those who know me, I find myself to already be awkward.. but middle school was definately my awkward-est! But I think middle school was that time for everybody (…maybe). And if you REALLY knew me, you know I don’t remember a lot.. but I definately remember a lot that happened at Intermediate West during 7th & 8th grade that made me LOL.. late at night.. by myself.
HERE’S A FEW:
- Back then everyone knew me as Jena Mandapat.
- In 7th grade, my English teacher had an unhealthy obsession with Walker, Texas Ranger (a.k.a Chuck Norris). We had to keep our backpacks & purses under a table in the back of the room. And she always told us to “Cerra la Boca” and for ”Mr.Twist to sit down & shut up.”
- In 8th grade, I got into my first and only fight ever at school. It wasn’t physical. & yes I cried in the girls bathroom BEFORE lunch, AFTER gym. 10 minutes later we were friends again.. walked out into the cafeteria, bought a pie of Domino pizza (it was Wednesday) shared it with friends, and acted like nothing happened.
-In 7th grade, I had to BIGGEST crush on this guy. We sat at the same table during lunch. We bought a pack of gum, gave it to him and that was it. I only saw him ONCE the next year.. broke my heart.
- In 8th grade, the same friend who I got into a fight with got love letters from ANYONMOUS only to realize that it was from the kid that sat at the lunch table across from us..home boy was IN LOVE!
- In 7th grade, a friend said she liked a guy in class.. we all proceeded to admitting our adoration for him.. on the last day of school.
- In 7th grade, everyone wrote “wuz (with an up arrow)” in my yearbook. And in 8th grade, everyone wrote my name with mulitple A’s at the end.
- In 8th grade, our ‘friends ad’ read as such:
“I Alwayz Got Mah Girlz Behind Me, Cryin’ Wit Me- Shinin’ Wit Me- N- After All That We’ve Been Thru, I Luv The Fact THat We Always Stay Tru, I Luz U Girlz Thru Thick N- Thin- N- Thatz The Way Itz Always Been.”
Finally in 7th & 8th grade, I sported the bangs look. But NOT side bangs..more like bangs straight across my forehead.. it was intense & I thought I cool.
I grew the bangs out, gained weight, grew up, & changed my last name.. But oddly enough, I think I still look the same.
But let me just say:
WUZ UP to cycle 701 (2000)!
Hi to cycle 804 (2001)!
(my goodness— I think I just wore out all my brain cells remembering all this.)
“Josh won’t be able to use his mustache!” —- JAV
- Paid & done for
- Congrats! Who got first pickings?
- Justin Bieber. DUH!!!
- You can’t see right now but im totally judging you.